So there I was,(dramatic drumbeat) in a dark and dreary wilderness. Lost amongst the sage brush and scattered mountains, I started to feel like I was back in Aridzona. Hot in the day and cold at night (not like Arizona) but regardless, this desert(ed) valley needs me. In my short week here I’ve come to love the dark and dreary wilderness, though I suppose the residents call it Vernal.
ACTUALLY, If you think about it, it’s sorta like we’re the reclaimers to those that let go of the iron rod who are all currently lost in this here wilderness of dreariness, and we’re trudging out here to find them, amongst all the mists of uncertainty, trees of destruction, and deer of adorableness . (That was a very long sentence)
But alas, here I am!
Soo.. Vernal. It’s actually quite nice out here as a missionary. In Vernal alone there are two districts, a total of 14 missionaries. The population is quite small, and Elder Crocco and I cover just one stake.
For missionaries there are SEVERAL free things. There are over 16 free restaurants, and about 10 free commodities, including dentist offices, VERY discounted clothes stores, hair saloons (emphasis on SALOONS because yep we is in the Wild West out here), ANND a place that dresses and cleans our shoes for us. Therefore, if I don’t come out of here 40 pounds heavier, I did something wrong.
As far as work, I just happened to be placed in a very high baptizing stake because the members of this stake are Extra missionary minded. Although the work is suuuuper depleted right now due to the oil fields not doing too hot. But who knows, it might be time for God to flip it around. So yep, there is pretty much everything that a missionary can ask for out here. So don’t worry we’re well taken care of.
So in the words of Book of Mormon prophets “something that has deeply impressed my mind” would be the importance of loving our scriptures more than our phones! Thus, I have begun carrying around a miniature Book of Mormon with me, EVERYWHERE I go (although I actually started doing it In Payson a couple months ago..)! It’s soo fun to see how useful it actually can be..
I LOVE the scriptures.
Alas My friends, I don’t have any pictorials! Except for the living room of our place. We have an air hockey table!
Love y’all much
Elder Minson

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.